About the Garden City Community Coalition
The Garden City Community Coalition is a grassroots organization mobilizing all sectors of the community to improve health, safety and the quality of life for all who live in Garden City by promoting lifestyles. The coalition supports efforts in five main areas…
- Health & Wellness
- Substance Abuse Prevention & Education
- Food Insecurity
- Financial Inclusion
- Positive Community Promotion
The Garden City Community Coalition has been incorporated as a Non-Profit in the State of Michigan since 1997 and in 1999 became exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
The Garden City Community Coalition is licensed by the MI Dept. of Community Health – Bureau of Health Systems Substance Abuse Program.
The Garden City Community Coalition is committed to achieving their goals in order to cultivate a community environment where healthy choices flourish, increasing the protective factors, and the unhealthy behaviors are not supported, decreasing the risk factors.
- Garden City is a community that establishes and supports policies and practices that promote healthy lifestyles.
- Garden City is a community where comprehensive, current resources and information is provided to all who live in Garden City.
- Garden City is a community where a comprehensive system monitors indicators of community attitudes, conditions, and needs regarding the community’s health.
- Garden City is a community where a variety of healthy and substance-free activities are available to all.
- Garden City is a community where training is provided to community members to develop the skills necessary to thrive.