Substance Abuse Prevention & Education
GCCC supports Thrive, a community effort to educate, collaborate, and advocate lifestyles free from substance abuse.
Thrive is composed of members of the community who come together out of concern for the health and safety of our youth. We collaborate with other local organizations, our partners include:
- City of Garden City
- Garden City Police Department
- Garden City Hospital
- Garden City Fire Department
- Garden City Family Resource Center
- Garden City Public Schools
- Local Media
- Civic Organizations and Businesses
- Faith and Recovery Communities
- Federal and Local Government
- Youth Serving Organizations
- Parents and Youth in the Community
The members and staff of Thrive work toward policy changes and to stay up to date on alcohol, tobacco, and drug legislation on the city, state, and national level.
Inform and Educate
Thrive uses its “Show You Care, Be Aware” campaign to raise awareness among adults, parents, vendors, and retailers. In addition we maintain a resource library at the Coalition office.
Our community outreach efforts include: providing resource materials, training, and making the public “Aware” with our “Show You Care, Be Aware” campaign.